Hazods Ltd - Registered in England - Company Number 8215239
Welcome to Hazods Ltd.
We are specialist advisers for the handling of Hazardous Goods.
Our aim is to provide our clients with a first class Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA) service, along with ADR & awareness training, to those involved in the packing, handling, transportation and storage of dangerous goods.
There are an increasing number of dangerous goods in circulation, and of necessity, increasing legislation to cope with the expanding risk.
Businesses that handle, process or transport dangerous goods on a regular basis must appoint a Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA) in order to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.*
The DGSA has three main duties:
● monitoring compliance with rules governing the transport of dangerous goods
● advising their business on the transport of dangerous goods
● preparing an annual report to management on the business’ activities in the transport of dangerous goods
The DGSA is also responsible for:
● monitoring procedures and safety measures
● investigating and compiling reports on any accidents or emergencies
● advising on the potential security aspects of transport
The regulations can apply to any person who allows dangerous goods to be carried, not just the transport operator. This could include cargo consignors, freight forwarders, warehouse workers and manufacturers producing goods that will be collected from their factory.
*For companies that transport smaller quantities of dangerous goods than those in the legislation, or if the main or secondary activities are not the carriage or related loading or unloading of dangerous goods, but such is done only occasionally, then it is not mandatory to appoint a DGSA.
“Safety does not happen by accident”.